Effective Date: 7th March 2019
Zoom and our members privacy
- Policy Scope
- The personal data we collect about you
- Why we collect and use your personal data
- Where is your personal data held?
- Who is the Controller of your personal data?
- Use of your personal data for marketing purposes
- Our sharing of your personal data
- Information you share on www.zoom-ev.com
- Using information from www.zoom-ev.com
- Your disclosure of your information to third parties
- Protecting your Zoom-EV account
- Accessing, reviewing and changing your personal data
The personal data we collect about you
You can browse our Website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal data about yourself. Once you give us your personal data, you are then not anonymous to us.
Zoom may at its discretion collect, periodically check, update and store the following personal data:
- your name and age;
- your email address, physical address, telephone number and other physical contact information;
- your financial information, such as credit card and / or bank account numbers (all transactions are completed through Stripe our payment processing partner);
- transactional information based on your activities on the Website (such as information from purchasing Zoom’s Sustainable Mobility Bundle);
- other information from your interaction with the Website, and our services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics for example page views, traffic to and from the Website, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- additional information we may ask you to submit at any time to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are or may be in breach of Website terms and conditions or policies. These include your driving license and passport. Zoom may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of a Vehicle you list;
- information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- other supplemental information from third parties such as but not limited to sanctions screening providers, credit reference agencies or customer due diligence providers.
Why we collect and use your personal data
Our primary purpose in collecting your data is to enable us to provide the services over the Website and provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. You agree that we may use your personal data to:
- resolve troubleshoot problems;
- maintain, customise, measure and improve our services, the Website, and the content and advertising made available on or by means of the Website and / or our services;
- tell you about our services, engage in targeted marketing, and provide service updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties such as the DVLA, insurance companies and / or credit rating agencies; and
- investigate and / or take action to prevent prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our Terms & Conditions.
Where is your personal data held?
Information may be held at our offices and those of our third party agencies, service providers, representatives and agents as described within this document.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, to the extent that we use your personal data for Zoom’s business or other purposes (for example, to process a payment to us), the data controller in relation to your personal data is Zoom.
In circumstances where you make personal data available over the Website for your own purposes (for example, submitting content and / or other materials to a discussion group on the Website) or simply to enable us to process a transaction on your behalf, you will remain the data controller in respect of that use of the personal data and as such you are responsible for ensuring compliance with the act.
How to contact us
Our contact details are shown below:
Our contact email - email@example.com
Telephone - 07917 858236
Our Data Protection Officer - firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone - 07917 858236
Use of your personal data for marketing purposes
Zoom does not share, sell, rent, or trade Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) with third parties for their promotional purposes, without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information of other Members and information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalise our services, content and advertising. If you don't wish to receive marketing communications from us or to participate in our ad-customisation programs, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Special Offers and Updates
We will occasionally send you information on Zoom’s products, services and promotions.
Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option not to receive these types of communications, you can email the Zoom Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask not to receive such communications.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. If you wish to no longer receive our newsletters you may reach out to us at email@example.com.
We will send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature.
If you don't wish to receive marketing or any other communications from us, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be notified if your personally identifiable information is ever collected by any third party that is not our agent/service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not you wish to share your information with that party.
If you do not wish to have your personally identifiable information shared and to opt-out from receiving further communications from any third party that is not our agent or service provider, please contact that marketing partner/affiliate directly.
Our sharing of your personal data
We may also share your personal data with:
- other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information to or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified of and consent to your information being sent to;
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties in response to a request for information (such as a Section 29 (3) Data Protection Act 1998 form) relating to a criminal investigation, alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you or any other person to legal liability. The personal data we disclose may include your Zoom user name and user name history, your name, physical address details, telephone number, email address, fraud complaints or anything else that we deem relevant;
- service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as customer support providers, debt recovery agencies, and insurance companies); and
- if we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganise our business, this may involve us disclosing personal data to prospective or actual purchasers and their advisers, or receiving personal data from sellers and their advisers.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep Zoom customers safe from those who attempt to carry out fraudulent or illegal activities on the Website, we will not otherwise disclose your personal data to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal data is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
We post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information. We will always obtain the customer's consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial.
If we detect policy breaches and / or other inappropriate or suspicious activity in connection with your use of the services, Zoom retains the right to prevent from utilising our services and can terminate any previous transactions with immediate effect.
Zoom enables you to share personal data to complete transactions. We encourage you to take care before entering into transactions / sharing your personal data. You agree to use Member information only for:
- Zoom transaction-related purposes; and
- other purposes that are allowed by the website.
Your disclosure of your information to third parties
From time to time when you visit the Website, information may be placed on your computer to allow us to recognise your computer. This information is commonly in the form of a textfile known as a "cookie". Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your computer's hard drive, rather than on the Website. Typically, they enable collection of certain information about your computer, including your internet protocol (IP) address, your computer's operating system, your browser type and the address of any referring websites.
We do link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, or want to be notified before they are placed, you may set your web browser to do so if your browser so permits. Please understand that if cookies are turned off, you may not be able to view or use certain parts of the Website that may enhance your visit.
Protecting your Zoom account
Your password is the key to your Zoom account and as such it is important that you use unique numbers, letters and special characters. Do not disclose your Zoom password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal data with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name and user name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal data and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password through your profile. You can also notify the Zoom team at email@example.com.
Here at Zoom we treat your personal data extremely highly and do our utmost to ensure that it is protected consistently.
It is important to note that there are always risks associated with providing personal data, whether in person, by phone, via the internet or otherwise, and no technology is completely safe, secure or hacker-proof. Therefore, we cannot and do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal data and communications will always remain secure and private.
We strive to protect your privacy by taking appropriate technical and organisational information security measures to prevent and minimise such risks. Such measures may include, where appropriate, the use of firewalls, secure server facilities, encryption, implementing proper access rights management systems and processes, careful selection of data processors and other technically and commercially reasonable measures to provide appropriate protection for your personal data against unauthorised use or disclosure. Where appropriate, we may also make back-up copies and use other such means to prevent accidental damage or destruction of your personal data. Where our Website supports on-line transactions, we will use an industry standard security measure, such as the one available through "Secure Sockets Layer" ("SSL"), to protect the confidentiality and security of online transactions.
Accessing, reviewing and changing your personal data
Whereby your personal data changes or is inaccurate you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have the ability to close your account and remove your personal data from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We retain personal data from closed accounts to collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, comply with law, assist with any investigations, prevent fraud, enforce our Terms & Conditions, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
In case you wish to know what personal data we hold about you or you wish to update, rectify or delete any incomplete, incorrect or outdated personal data, or you wish us to cease processing your personal data you may also, as appropriate and in accordance with applicable law, exercise such rights by contacting us on www.zoom-ev.com. In some cases, especially if you wish us to delete or cease the processing of your personal data, this may also mean that we may not be able to continue to provide the services to you. Please note that we may need to ask for additional proof of identification and / or for additional information before responding to any requests from you about the personal data we hold on you, or to update, rectify or delete any incomplete, incorrect or outdated personal data, or to cease processing your personal data.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
We hope that Zoom can resolve any query or concern you may raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
[If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.]